Our Mission is to safeguard the citizens of Roman Forest to insure quality of community life. The Roman Forest Police Department is committed to the enforcement of laws and preservation of order that protect the rights and property of every person within the City of Roman Forest. Our mission is to provide the highest quality of police service and to impact crime, and its associated elements, through the utilization of new and proven crime prevention strategies and problem-solving partnerships with our community.
Roman Forest has maintained a very low crime rate, despite the high surrounding area's crime rate. We have proven to accomplish this by:
- Crime Prevention - By our department having a reputation of having a strong police presence and high visibility, our crime rates are very low. As a result, our citizens have a safe place to live. The Roman Forest Police Department will continue to be proactive in preventing crime.
- Vacation Watches & Security Checks – As a service to our citizens, our patrol officers will randomly check your house several times a day to ensure that your house is safe giving you piece-of-mind while you are out of town. If a special circumstance arises where a security check of your home is warranted, our officers will accordingly perform a prearranged security check.
- Strong Police Presence – High police visibility on the main thoroughfares as well as neighborhood streets.
- Zero Tolerance Traffic Enforcement – Criminals are reluctant to come to Roman Forest because they are susceptible to being stopped and questioned by our patrol units. This also keeps the accident rate extremely low.
Maintaining Safe Streets;
- Traffic Enforcement - Our community has 3 thoroughfares as well as several short cuts through our neighborhood streets that commuters, citizens, and potential criminals use. Our officers operate under a strict non-selective traffic enforcement policy, meaning that citizens, commuters, officials, criminals or anyone else is not exempt from traffic laws.
- Zero Tolerance DWI/DUI Enforcement – Our officers actively seek-out drivers who are driving while intoxicated and if the driver has a 0.08 or higher blood alcohol content, the officer will confiscate & suspend their driver license and see to it the driver is properly prosecuted. Any intoxicated driver who refuses to provide a breath or blood specimen will have their driver license confiscated & suspended at the scene as well as being charged with DWI..
Any minor under 21 who is caught driving after consuming any amount of alcohol will be charged with Driving Under the Influence and their driver license confiscated & suspended at the scene by the officer.
- No Driver License & No Insurance - Roman Forest Police Officers will have all vehicles impounded when on the road without insurance and a licensed driver.
Strong Reaction to Crimes Against Our Citizens and Visitors;
- Apprehend & Convict Criminals – In the event that crimes are committed against the citizens of Roman Forest or State of Texas, we will apprehend and prosecute the criminals. With the assistance of the Montgomery County District Attorney’s Office, we will thoroughly investigate the crimes and see to it that justice is served.